Monday, January 14, 2008

The Premise and Script

So, we're supposed to create a premise for a comedy sketch for our animation. I'm kind of unclear of how we're really supposed to present it. I knew we have to describe it, but I'm not sure if we had to include any images or anything. But, here goes.

It involves a character I've made for my previous Animation class and would like to include into this animation.

Basically, my animation will begin at a restaurant. It's fairly busy inside and business is going well for the restaurant. It will cut to various customers at their seats eating their food. All of a sudden, a shadow flashes by the screen. The customers' food suddenly disappear from their tables one by one. It's slowly revealed that the shadow is in the form of a girl.

It'll cut to the rooftop of the restaurant and you see that its a Ninja Girl, my character Anzu, happily eating all the loot she stole from the customers. A smoke cloud bursts out of nowhere near Anzu and it's her Ninja Master who appears to be angry with her. She's supposed to be on a mission and obviously she's taking an unnecessary break. It ends with her offering food to her master. After a moment, the Master reluctantly takes some food.

I suppose the punchline/premise is that even Experts aren't so professional all the time. I also liked my little Ninja Girl who's characteristic was that she's always seems to be hungry. I made her for my Animation I class, but I liked how she turned out and I want to see her animated in Flash. It's a simple premise, but in my head so far, it seems to be a good idea.

I suppose this also can serve as my Script. I don't I'm going to add any dialogue to it.

3 comments:

April Hoffman said...

I think the ending is a little on the weak side. Maybe the Master could have some food accidentally fall out of his clothes that he stole and that might be more funny or maybe something else. Otherwise the ending really has no punch.

Yevgeniya said...

You're probably in for a lot of work if you're going to show a busy restaurant. Perhaps, you can simplify it to just a couple having their food stolen, and then cut to the kitchen and a very angry/surprised chef staring at all the empty plates that were just filled with food?

Alyssa Morley said...

I am guessing the character is from our animation I class. I look forward to seeing the story develop