Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Progress Report I

So, I finished two backgrounds, the Exterior and Interior of the Japanese Restaurant. I also began to place rough elements I'm animating that are in those scenes, like the people. I managed to get my opening sequence done, a Fade In to the establishing shot of the Japanese restaurant and Zoom In then Cut to next scene. Thought I'd give ya a sneak peek now.




So I've began to notice after really diving into Flash and coloring/drawing with it, it was kind of tough to use. I couldn't really figure out how to select specific areas to fill in cuz Flash wouldn't let me...which i think is mostly because I don't have a lot of closed sections...hmm answered my own question, would have been helpful earlier.

I also miss certain shortcuts I'm used to doing in Photoshop that I think aren't in Flash, like being able to change my brush size with the [ ] keys. If there is, well crud, haha.

I wish I could work a bit faster, I'm still fumbling around with menus and stuff. I know we did the tutorials and that was supposed to be enough to teach us about Flash, but I guess I didn't really get as deep into Flash with those projects until now. But I think the more I work with Flash this week, I'll find my streamlined work flow.

The backgrounds are a bit scratchy and messy....but I kinda like how it looks. I do however want to try and get a nice clean look to future animations, like the BiteyCastle dude.

If anything I wrote doesn't make sense...its 3:04am and I'm probably hallucinating my bed floating with other soft and fluffy objects...luring me to come sleep...

Think I'll work a little more longer then Ill sleep... ^^;;

2 comments:

severin_piehl said...

The backgrounds really show off your sequential skills.

My only complaint is that the first background could use a bit more contrast, and the windows don't show any interior lighting.

Jessica L Carroll said...

wow great backgrounds and I agree with you about missing aspects from Photoshop when using flash