Friday, March 28, 2008

The first week of the new Quarter...

Here I am, at it again. This Spring Quarter goes as follows:

Monday/Wednesdays
8am - 10:30am, 3D Character Rigging and Animation
5pm - 7:30pm, Animation II

Tuesdays/Thursdays
11am - 1:30pm, Conceptual Maquette Class

I survived my first week of classes so far. In 3D character I'm working towards building a fully rigged model of a character I've created. I'm using Anzu yet again for this project although this will be interesting since I'm still relatively new to modeling and animating in Maya. My Animation II class has just begun animating bouncing balls and working towards an Emotional Ball. I was supposed to take Animation II before 3D character...but my double major causes me to overlap classes unfortunately. Finally my Conceptual Maquette class is starting our Celebrity Maquettes. We have to find reference photos of an actor and sculpt a maquette from those references.

Today, I managed to work on a lot of stuff. I got my "stalker" board completed yesterday, its a big foam core board with all of my reference photos on it. After class, I worked on my character turnarounds that are due for 3D character on Monday. I also worked on my armature when I got home later on in the night. Here's some pics of my progress.



Armature in progress, "Stalker" Board as my professor likes to put it.



Looks nothing like him....yet.



My supplies for Maquette Building.



The finished Armature setup. Yeah arms and legs aren't proportional, but that's so I don't end up with short line while constructing and I can always snip off the metal if it was too long.

But yeah...that's my week.

No comments: